Volunteer at Friends In Deed
Friends In Deed is always in need of volunteers. If you think you might be interested in helping out or would like more information, Call 734-485-7658 or email office@FriendsInDeedMI.org.
Give of Your Time!
Volunteer in our warehouse
Volunteer on our Help Line
Volunteer for Circles
Volunteer in our office
Volunteer as a group
Volunteer on our delivery truck
While we have several areas in which you can volunteer your time, we are always in need of people who can help us pick up and deliver furniture. If you have a group of 3-to-5 people, you can take our 12-foot cube truck and work with our furniture coordinator to make up a route. We can also put you on our furniture volunteer list and call you on a route-by-route basis as we need people.
Fundraising / Event Planning
Do you like putting together events? Is coming up with a theme one of your favorite things to do? We need some resourceful people who’d like to volunteer their time and ingenuity. You can help with existing events, pioneer a new event, or put on an event through your own group or organization to benefit Friends In Deed and its services and programs.
Volunteers on our Help Lines work directly with clients to assist them with their emergency needs. This involves collecting information, explaining services, determining whether the client meets initial requirements for assistance, and/or matching clients with community resources. Our volunteers usually commit to one morning a week from 9:30 AM to noon. We can also use volunteers to fill in from time to time.
New Program: Circles
Our new program has many opportunities for volunteering. Here are just a few:
- Weekly Meeting Meal/Kitchen Volunteer
- Childcare (Background checks required for people working with children or when children present)
- Being an Ally
- Assisting on a Resource Team
Resource Team Members & Chairs Needed For:
- Recruitment: Working with faith groups, service groups, etc. to help us find Allies & Leaders
- Community & Hospitality: Securing meal donations & coordinating weekly meals; working with children’s program to provide tutoring & childcare; greeting, welcoming & facilitation
- Jobs & Education: Establishing key contacts for Circles with local employers, colleges, job training and financial literacy services; helping Circle Leaders with their education & employment goals
- Big View: Identifying and working to solve systemic barriers within the community that prevent an individual from moving out of poverty; identifying available resources to predict “Cliff Effects” for childcare, healthcare, housing, food stamps, cash assistance and utility assistance
- YES! I would be willing to chair or co-chair a team.